Sunday, June 3, 2007

Stitching Pics

I have a couple of pics to share. The first is of Heart in Hand's It's Spring. It's not finished into anything yet, but I might make it into a needleroll like BeckySC did. I quite like hers. Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com
The next is of DD#2's jig dress. She looks quite ticked which is fine for the jig, it is "the angry leprachaun' dance. The reason for the look? Ponytails! She hates ponytails *snort* Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com
Last pic is a back view of the kilt and jacket I made for her. The kilt is the Nova Scotia tartan, it has 47 pleats with a total of 5 yards of fabric. Every inch of this kit was stitched by hand, no machine involved at all. Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com
Thanks for stopping by. I love to read comments if you'd like to leave them.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! That's amazing you did all those pleats by hand!! *bowing to you*

Belinda said...

Incredible work! Wow!

Laural said...

Your stitching and the jig dress are beautiful. The tartan kilt is AMAZING! Great job and doing all those pleats by hand!

Karin said...

Wow! Those pleats are something else! I'm curious about the shoes your DD has on in the jig dress - are they ghillies or something else?

Kathy said...

Wow, 47 pleats! They look perfect! Did you pleat to the sett or the stripe? I couldn't tell.

I am just about half-way through my first kilt for my oldest of 3 dancers (girl, boy, girl). Mine only has 19 pleats however. Lovely job on the jig dress as well! That and the hornpipe costumes are on tap for next year as my DD1 moves into intermediate.